* Workers’ Compensation Fraud
* Best Practices in Hiring
* Practical Internal Controls
* Scams, Identity Theft, and Safeguarding Privileged Information
* Preventing and Prosecuting Armed Robbery
* Prevention and Prosecution of Financial Crimes
* Performing a Security Audit of your Business
* Identifying and Resolving Shoplifting and Employee Theft
* Actual Account of Financial Loss from a Victim of Embezzlement
* Panel Discussion with Several Local Chiefs of Police
The speaking program includes presentations by: District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter; several Assistant District Attorneys; and experts in the fields of security, human resources, workers’ compensation, and public safety.
John Ferreira of J & J Materials will discuss his experiences as a victim of corporate embezzlement. (An employee of Mr. Ferreira’s company was recently convicted of embezzling nearly $7 million during a six year period.)
Owner and/or employees of small or medium-sized business who would like more information, or register for the seminar, should contact Lisa Rowell from the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office at (508) 961-1808 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Space is limited. If registering via e-mail, include the name of the business, how many people will be attending, and a contact person and phone number. Also include a contact e-mail address to receive updates regarding the seminar.
The seminar is sponsored by BankFive, Citizens-Union Savings Bank, Bristol County Savings Bank, St. Anne’s Credit Union, and is free of charge to registrants. Several area Chambers of Commerce are also acting as supporting sponsors.