* Workers’ Compensation Fraud
* Best Practices in Hiring
* Practical Internal Controls
* Scams, Identity Theft, and Safeguarding Privileged Information
* Preventing and Prosecuting Armed Robbery
* Prevention and Prosecution of Financial Crimes
* Performing a Security Audit of your Business
* Identifying and Resolving Shoplifting and Employee Theft
* Actual Account of Financial Loss from a Victim of Embezzlement
* Panel Discussion with Several Local Chiefs of Police
The speaking program includes presentations by: District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter; several Assistant District Attorneys; and experts in the fields of security, human resources, workers’ compensation, and public safety.
John Ferreira of J & J Materials will discuss his experiences as a victim of corporate embezzlement. (An employee of Mr. Ferreira’s company was recently convicted of embezzling nearly $7 million during a six year period.)
Owner and/or employees of small or medium-sized business who would like more information, or register for the seminar, should contact Lisa Rowell from the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office at (508) 961-1808 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Space is limited. If registering via e-mail, include the name of the business, how many people will be attending, and a contact person and phone number. Also include a contact e-mail address to receive updates regarding the seminar.
The seminar is sponsored by BankFive, Citizens-Union Savings Bank, Bristol County Savings Bank, St. Anne’s Credit Union, and is free of charge to registrants. Several area Chambers of Commerce are also acting as supporting sponsors.
Businesses Benefit from District Attorney’s Seminar on Internal Financial Controls, Employee Fraud and More