With the development of the wind industry in Massachusetts coming closer to reality, taking part in the creation of this new industry brings with it great responsibility and great promise.
We have an opportunity to build this industry with equity in mind from the start. That is why Bristol Community College’s National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI) is hosting the Equity in the Offshore Wind Industry Speaker Series.
Join in this Tuesday at 9:00 AM to hear national offshore wind energy professionals tell their stories as we learn from their pathways through the industry. The series will highlight ways to change the industry’s story on diversity while setting the bar on equity support and recruitment in the offshore wind sector.
Speakers will include:
- Cynthia Brown, PhD., Head of Training, Services America, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
- Amanda Schoen, US Policy Specialist, Global Public Affairs MarCom, Sustainability & Public Affairs, Vestas Wind Systems A/S
- Rachel Pachter, Chief Development Officer, Vineyard Wind
- Julia Ren Jackson, Offshore Permitting Analyst, Mayflower Wind Energy, LLC.
- Bethany Clarke, US Offshore Wind Localization Leader, GE Renewable Energy