[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
New Bedford is the world’s most famous whaling era seaport and the number one commercial fishing port in America. While our history is rich both on land and at sea, it is the city’s future that excites leaders in government, businesses and education.
Residents, visitors, and investors have found New Bedford to be a captivating city. Our talented workforce, development potential, and prime location along Buzzards Bay creates excellent opportunities for business relocation, growth, and development.
- Founded in 1787 as a thriving whaling village
- Rich in culture, maritime, and textile history
- Home to more than 95,000 residents, 5,500 businesses, and 65,000 jobs
- The #1 value commercial fishing port in America and emerging as the national epicenter for the offshore wind industry
- The #1 new growth gateway city in the Commonwealth with more than $350 million in private investment since 2006
- Home to one of the Commonwealth’s most successful business parks and companies such as Titleist, Joseph Abboud Manufacturing, Precix, AFC Cable Systems, and Symmetry Medical
- 20 galleries and museums in the downtown including the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, New Bedford Whaling Museum, and the National Historical Park
- 55 businesses have opened or expanded in our very walkable downtown since 2007
- Home to the finest sailing on the East Coast
- Safe, diverse, close-knit, and historic neighborhoods with some of the greatest residential architecture in New England
- Named one of the dozen Distinctive Destinations in the US by the National Trust for Historic Preservation
[/av_three_fourth][av_one_fourth min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”]
[av_sidebar widget_area=’Displayed Everywhere’]