Quest Center for Innovation
The QCI is an initiative by the City of New Bedford to provide a focus for entrepreneurial training and a supportive environment for startup activity just blocks from the downtown and future commuter rail service to Boston.
The QCI boasts more than 5,000 square feet of renovated coworking spaces that include common work areas, private offices, conference rooms and more—thanks in large part to build-out grants from MassDevelopment’s TDI program. The space, programing, and community is managed by the team at Groundwork. Click here to learn more!
SUITE OF SERVICES
The QCI is a program managed by the NBEDC under an agreement with the City of New Bedford. The NBEDC manages the daily operations and offers the suite of support services listed below for all new ventures seeking office space. For more information please contact Nancy Durant, Quest Center Manager for the NBEDC at email@example.com.
- Identification of the licensee’s name and location in the central lobby directory and on website platform.
- Scheduling coordination of shared meeting facilities on the second and third floors, including access to teleconferencing options. Licensees shall work with NBEDC staff to book such spaces and to ensure room set up and other logistical needs are meet.
- The use of common kitchen areas on the second and third floors is provided with basic cleaning supplies, a refrigerator, sink, micro-wave, and coffee station. Food, beverages, and other supplies are not included, and licensees should be respectful of other users of these spaces.
- Janitorial services are provided to the common areas and shared meeting rooms of the premises, but this excludes the specific offices of induvial licensees.
- The use of the high-speed telecommunications link is provided, but the licensee shall arrange for, and pay for, internet and telephone services from their provider of choice. The NBEDC shall act as liaison when required with the City in relation to IT service provider requirements.
- Serve as the single point of contact with the City or its service providers for issues that may arise relating to the operations of the building.
- Serve as the point of contact for monthly billing of license payments as well as for the drafting of agreement modifications. Collection of all rent payments for submission to the City are due no later than the 5thday of each month.
- Market and promote licensee presence and specific programs/events through social media and the NBEDC web-based platform. Such requests should be coordinated with staff for such requests at least three weeks in advance.
- The NBEDC will provide priority grant/loan application processing and underwriting for Quest Center based licensees.
- Business location and recruiting for licensees who are in need of first establishment space or who have matured from Quest Center space and are ready for relocation to targeted growth area in the city.
- Grant writing assistance and coordination of efforts for the further development of the Quest Center in partnership with City departments for the benefit of the Center and the sustainable growth of the district.
- Coordination of technical assistance delivery in areas including business planning, grant assistance, employment training and recruiting with the NBEDC business development resource partners.